Thursday, November 25, 2004

due process


due process 2004
(the elected & the rejected)


we didn’t vote for him
so
how did he get elected
the outcome was a travesty
again
black folk was rejected

if you had a warrant
a ticket
or owed child support
you were banned from voting
(this was contained in a
national report)

it’s my patriotic duty
to participate in this
process??
I’m sorry, I don’t feel it
the rich folks have
all the excess…

so, how do we choose
a leader
who’ll govern with equality??
with fairness not just for
them
but even you and me

this shit was real
confusing
filled with controversy
and doubt
what the hell is an
electoral vote??
and how the fuck can i
figure it out??

they did it to us
once again
divide & conquer
was the tool
where’s that electoral
college??
I’m taking my ass
back to school

© swing first prods. 2004

No comments: