Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Mommy?


Why is going home
so damn
hard?
Home is
safety.
Home is
freedom.
The door is open.
When will I be able to
just
walk
through?
I’m so tired
of carrying
this.
I just want to
lay it all down.
Will I ever be
free to be
whole?
Or am I condemned
to repeat
our history
on others
who
are just like me?
Helplessly looking
for you
to be my teacher.
Is it my fault
that I didn’t get
your love?
What went wrong?
Is it my
fault
that I wasn’t perfect
enough for you?
What does a child know?
The beatings were
all
I got.
Shit, some attention was
better than
none at all.
So, beat me
I deserved it.
Judge me
I deserved it.
I tried so hard
to be
you, I lost
me
forever…
So, now you see
why it’s
so damn hard
to go home.
To a place
you’ve never been.


© 2004 swing first productions

1 comment:

Shakur said...

Hey sis,

miss ya!! You like this...I wanted to keep it dark (like me!)

Call me...