Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Don't shoot, my hands are up...


In the last 10 years 2000 people have been murdered by
police in nj and ny
2000 people….
and the term
“Justifiable Homicide.”
becomes the phrase of choice.
They kill
(Anthony Rosario, Hilton Vega)
teen-agers
(Patrick Bailey, Malcolm Ferguson)
too many to name
and we scream
(Anibal Carrasquillo)
and scream
and protest
(Amadou Diallo)
and march
and write
(Anthony Baez)
and the murder continues…
36 in ny alone since 9/11
when we made heroes out of
new york’s finest.
pardon me
if I don’t join in the
celebration.
see
I’m more afraid of
Detective Patrick Bronson
than Osama Bin Laden
cause they have the power
to kill my black ass
whenever
and wherever
they choose.
Who will stop their reign
of terror
right here, right now?
Someway, somehow…
Because I’m scared for me
and you
the wars are on many
shores
we say
bring our troops home
but what about the ones
already here
wearing badges
and crossing the
thin blue line
everytime
you or I don’t
jump high enough
or
move fast enough
for them
to feel safe enough
to protect us
from us
so their solution
is to
fuck the constitution
and shoot us
41 times
In their
war on crimes
against the state
But wait!!
It gets deeper than that…
to cover up
the corrupt
Mayor Giuliani
will kill anybody
just to keep his shit
on lock…
by the way
who killed Biggie
and Pac?

© 2005 swing first productions

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this has got to be one of my favorites by you, although my all time fav is night time (is the right time)