Tuesday, April 12, 2005

My Day


today, I passed a liquor store
and didn’t stick it up
I really wanted to make a score
but jail’s a bitter cup

today I saw a lady
whose purse I didn’t snatch
I know it sounds real shady
but those marks I used to catch

today I passed the dope man
and didn’t even stop
I used to always have a plan
on when and where to cop

I guess you’re asking why
I’m spitting about my struggle
I’m just trying not to cry
while doing the “right/wrong” juggle

I know it must seem dumb to you
this plight I have to bear
but if I don’t be honest and true
the guilt I’ll always wear

you see, I’ve lived a horrid past
and day to day I try
not to take that fatal blast
cause if I do, I’ll die

So, tomorrow I’ll try again
another chance to do it right
I’m learning to be my own best friend
and win this hard-assed fight


© 2005 swing first productions

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done! good to see you are still out here doing your thing.

The Humanity Critic said...

Cool piece, great blog by the way..

Shakur said...

good lookin' out

M. Akamau said...

You got my vote!

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed reading you as always, shakur and i especially like the design features in your work (different color text for emphasis)
do you and do your thing.

love tichaona