Wednesday, January 11, 2006

cHanGe (in 2 ACts)



ACT ONE:

shit gits tight
when it’s time to
write
the wrong
that’s
gone on for too
damn long!!
kin I get
a witness?

a life that crackled
and
blazed way
too bright,
ain’t supposed to be
home
EVERY night.
i’ve grown accustomed
to this space.

Me made dem
choices
and
heard dem voices.
told me,
“fuk a job,
just steal n rob.”
born again soft,
I’m aiight.

opiate fused
dreams of
unlimited riches.
cuttin’ mad deals
wit slick-assed
bitches.
bring on
the changes.

choked by arms
I didn’t create.
hustlin’ ta git
1 for 8.
spider webs
of tricks n’ lies.
divide and conquer
undisguised.
never take sides
against the family
again.

neon’s
pink and blue
dazzled
the eye
of a little kid
turned
adult-spy.
had to fight
learned to run
found instant
heart
in a rusty gun.
become a man
by having a
little girl.
that shit
worked for me…


ACT TWO:

night time
sparkles
with the crisp
of
new life.
I am given
another chance.
Rebirth is not new
just to me.
it has become
the promise to any
black skin
still alive
not in jail
and
over 50.
but with life
comes
fact
and
if your brutha
ain’t free…
So
there’s work to do.
those who have
been given
this
gift
must give life
to the dead
with no questions asked.

No comments: