Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Natural Nature


Natural.
Defined as:
being…
REAL.

Melanin enhanced
dna
(The chemical
of life)
needs no man-made
relaxed relaxer
to relax what
can never be
tamed.
This mane
is an extension
of
me
extending myself
to the past/present/future.
Extending my connection
to that
which has
created creation.
My extensions are
real!
Each strand is
an Ancestor.
Each strand
tells a story,
a love lost,
a baby born,
a dream deferred…

When true love
comes true
and
unconditional love
asks for
nothing,
how can I
hurt
me,
damage me,
change my natural
state?
Fry me,
dye me,
flip it to the side and
lye me?
In doing so,
love of self
is lost.
Lost to a
culture of
mind
colonization
and
spirit
assimilation.
Lost to a standard of
beauty
that was never
meant to include
NATURAL!!

Only meant
to include
what
they have
created
to be.

That which never
included
ME.

No comments: