Wednesday, May 02, 2007

All Is Fair


my radar is jumping
blip…blip…blip
catching your
cosmic echoes
as they bounce
from your
stiletto heels
on the cracked pavement
blip…blip…blip
the air becomes
thick
and
hot
with your scent
(red diamond
coupled with
you-juice)
blip…blip…blip
beads of moisture
begin to form
on the
bridge of my nose
you are within range…

mentally going into
pursue-mode,
my cruise missile
begins preparation
as the hair
on my arms
start to tingle
blip…blip…blip
you have been
the target
for
months
using your stealth
to fly below
my radar
but now…
blip…blip…blip
I have picked
up your
signal
and there is
no way
you can escape
blip…blip…blip
locked-on
I prepare for
contact
as you
cross the street
eyes cast down,
avoiding traffic
BLIP…BLIP…BLIP
I maneuver
into position
loaded and ready
(Fire One)

“Hello”

startled by my offensive
you look up
and pause for a moment
time and
space
collide…
our eyes meet
frozen for an
eternity
wedding, marriage,
children,
life and
death
come and go
in an instant
(Direct hit!)
your smile
is red-hot
from the
explosion

“Hi”
as you slowly
move on
down the street.
(Fire Two)
“YO!!!”

turning slightly
captivated,
by this
full-frontal assault
you begin to realize
that surrender is
inevitable

“Can I see you later?”

my fingers tremble
slightly…
(a true warrior
is never relaxed
in battle)

you attempt
to gain some
amount
of normalcy
and try to move on
but
it’s over
and
you know it…


“I’ll be back”
(Direct Hit!)



© 2006 swing first productions

No comments: