Friday, May 18, 2007

Had it up to here


they got some fancy names for it:


“Safer Streets Program”


“Weed N Seed”


“Pro-Active Squad”


it all spells
OCCUPATION
(to me)
‘cause all they want is
EXTERMINATION
(of me)

I saw one of them jump-out boys
with a tee-shirt
that said
“Boyz On The Hood”
had a picture of
a black kid with
his arms on the top
of a
police cruiser

Ha, ha

but excuse me if
I don’t laugh…
says a lot ‘bout the
mindset of those
who protect & serve
others…

who will protect and serve
us
from
them?

my boss was so
surprised
when I told him
the cops stopped me
yesterday,
he said,
“where you speeding?”

Liberal Motherfucker!!! Was I speeding??
how could I
explain to him
that
in amerikkka,
this type’a
shit happens e'ryday…

he’s the same cat
who asked me if
I saw brokeback mountain
and
whose face turned
beet-red
when I said
“for what?”

Damn,
this place
has people
thinking from
totally different
perspectives
when
we’re
all
just
people…
right???

helicopters overhead
sounding like the beat
of the latest
club jam,
flashing lights,
screaming sirens,
I’ve been in this disco
before…
(you can find
me in the club…)
…party people!!!

why is it easier
to shoot me
than it is
to shoot
them???

So,
they say
they are gonna
“TAKE BACK THE STREETS”
Punk-ass!!!
you never had ‘em

this is our hood!!

we can do this
ourselves!!!

we have
FOI
and
BPP
and
BLA
and
100 Black Men
and
Black Mothers for Peace
and
Afrikan Peoples Action Party
and
churches
and
mosques
we have
the spirit
of
Che
and
Assata
and
Nkrumah
and
Nefertiti
and
Muhammad
and
Jesus


but first…


we start with
YOU

© 2006 swing first productions

No comments: